An international conference will focus on the theme of Herman Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics. The conference is organized by the Neo-Calvinism Research Institute in Kampen in the Netherlands.
When: Thu., Sep. 19th — Fri., Sep. 20th, 2019.
Where: Theological University Kampen, Netherlands.
Who: Speakers and topics include:
- Roel Kuiper (TU Kampen) – Opening
- Dirk van Keulen (TU Kampen) – Presentation of Herman Bavinck’s Gereformeerde Ethiek
- Kees van der Kooi (VU Amsterdam) – ‘We as his.’ Some remarks on Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics
- James Eglinton (University of Edinburgh) – Herman Bavinck on Christian ethics in the age of Nietzsche
- Wim van Vlastuin (VU/HHS Amsterdam) – Is Bavinck among the Puritans?
- John Bolt (Calvin Seminary) – Herman Bavinck as a ‘man of science’ in the Reformed Ethics. And: Presentation of volume 1 of the English edition of Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics.
- Gerard den Hertog (TU Apeldoorn) – Communion with Christ and Discipleship in Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics
- Jessica Joustra (TU Kampen) – Conformity to Christ’s Suffering in Self-Denial and Cross-Bearing: Bavinck on the Role of Positive and Negative Virtues in the Imitation of Christ
- Hans Burger (TU Kampen) – The Renewal of the Mind: Cognitive Aspects of Sin, Conversion and Spiritual Life
- Ernst Conradie (UWC) – Could Herman Bavinck be Regarded as an Early Exponent of Christian Ecotheology?
- Henk van den Belt (VU Amsterdam) – Medicine against Doubt: The Development of Bavinck’s View of Certainty and Assurance
- Hillie van de Streek (TU Kampen) – Bavinck’s View on the Position of Women in Society
- Albert Gootjes (University of Utrecht) – Dispensing with the Dutch? Bavinck Translations from the Reformed Dogmatics to the Reformed Ethics
- Ad de Bruijne (TU Kampen) – Reformed Ethics Today
- Marcel Sarot – Bavinck on the Imitation of Christ and Mystical Union: A Roman Catholic Appreciation
- Gray Sutanto – Original Sin in Bavinck’s Ethics and Dogmatics
Registration: Register for the conference here.