The Bavinck Institute at Calvin Seminary is pleased to publish the Bavinck Review 11 (2020).
This issue contains a study of Bavinck’s anthropology: Anthony Hoekema’s The Centrality of the Heart in Herman Bavinck’s Anthropology.
An international conference will focus on the theme of Herman Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics. The conference is organized by the Neo-Calvinism Research Institute in Kampen in the Netherlands.
When: Thu., Sep. 19th — Fri., Sep. 20th, 2019.
Where: Theological University Kampen, Netherlands.
Who: Speakers and topics include:
- Roel Kuiper (TU Kampen) – Opening
- Dirk van Keulen (TU Kampen) – Presentation of Herman Bavinck’s Gereformeerde Ethiek
- Kees van der Kooi (VU Amsterdam) – ‘We as his.’ Some remarks on Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics
- James Eglinton (University of Edinburgh) – Herman Bavinck on Christian ethics in the age of Nietzsche
- Wim van Vlastuin (VU/HHS Amsterdam) – Is Bavinck among the Puritans?
- John Bolt (Calvin Seminary) – Herman Bavinck as a ‘man of science’ in the Reformed Ethics. And: Presentation of volume 1 of the English edition of Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics.
- Gerard den Hertog (TU Apeldoorn) – Communion with Christ and Discipleship in Bavinck’s Reformed Ethics
- Jessica Joustra (TU Kampen) – Conformity to Christ’s Suffering in Self-Denial and Cross-Bearing: Bavinck on the Role of Positive and Negative Virtues in the Imitation of Christ
- Hans Burger (TU Kampen) – The Renewal of the Mind: Cognitive Aspects of Sin, Conversion and Spiritual Life
- Ernst Conradie (UWC) – Could Herman Bavinck be Regarded as an Early Exponent of Christian Ecotheology?
- Henk van den Belt (VU Amsterdam) – Medicine against Doubt: The Development of Bavinck’s View of Certainty and Assurance
- Hillie van de Streek (TU Kampen) – Bavinck’s View on the Position of Women in Society
- Albert Gootjes (University of Utrecht) – Dispensing with the Dutch? Bavinck Translations from the Reformed Dogmatics to the Reformed Ethics
- Ad de Bruijne (TU Kampen) – Reformed Ethics Today
- Marcel Sarot – Bavinck on the Imitation of Christ and Mystical Union: A Roman Catholic Appreciation
- Gray Sutanto – Original Sin in Bavinck’s Ethics and Dogmatics
Registration: Register for the conference here.
More Information: The official invitation can be read here. More information is available here on the official conference website.