The Bavinck Review 2 (2011) is now available for Bavinck Society members. This year’s issue contains six student papers and two research précis delivered at the 2010 Edinburgh Bavinck Conference as well as a translation of Herman Bavinck’s intriguing lecture, “The Kingdom of God, The Highest Good.”
Preview TBR 2:
TBR issues are made freely available to non-Society-members six months after publication. See our inaugural issue: TBR 1 (2010).
(The preview PDFs require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
The Rutherford House and the Scottish Evangelical Theological Society have announced an upcoming special edition of the Scottish Bulletin of Evangelical Theology (29.1) that contains the plenary papers from the September 2010 Edinburgh Bavinck Conference.
SBET 29.1 Contents
- “Bavinck’s use of Wisdom Literature in Systematic Theology” – Prof John Bolt (Calvin Seminary)
- “Bavinck’s use of Augustine as an antidote to Ritschl” – Dr Mark Elliott (St Andrews)
- “Herman Bavinck and His Reformed Sources on the Call to Grace: A Shift in Emphasis towards the Internal Work of the Spirit” – Dr Henk van den Belt (Utrecht)
- “Bavinck, Barth and the Uniqueness of the Eucharist” – Dr Paul T Nimmo (New College)
- “The religious character of modernism and the modern character of religion: A case study of Herman Bavinck’s engagement with modern culture” – Prof George Harinck (VU Amsterdam and TU Kampen)
- “Herman Bavinck and the Imitation of Christ” – Dr Dirk van Keulen (PThU Kampen)
- “Herman Bavinck and the basis of Christian certainty” – Prof Donald Macleod (Free Church College)
SBET 29.1 will be available in early June. The Rutherford House is offering this special Bavinck issue to non-SBET subscribers for the following prices (USD), postpaid:
Surface Mail (takes up to 6 weeks): $16
Orders may be placed by check or CC. Checks should be made out to “Rutherford House” and mailed to the following address:
1 Hill Street
Edinburgh EH2 3JP
For CC orders, please contact [email protected] to receive instructions.