Conference: “Another Religion? Neo-Calvinism and Islam”
When: 25–26 August 2016
Where: Istanbul, Turkey
- Prof. George Harinck, Theological University Kampen
- Prof. Kees van der Kooi, VU University Amsterdam
- Prof. Richard J. Mouw, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena
- The Historical Documentation Centre at the Free University Amsterdam
- The New College, University of Edinburgh
- The Theologische Universiteit Kampen
See the conference brochure (PDF 127 KB) for more on the conference theme and instructions for paper propsals.
The Bavinck Institute is pleased to announce the publication of John Bolt, James D. Bratt, and Paul J. Visser, eds., The J. H. Bavinck Reader, trans. James A. De Jong (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2013).
The Reader makes ”some of the Dutch missiologist’s seminal works in revelation and religion, religious consciousness, and the engagement of the Christian gospel with other religious traditions available in convenient form for an English audience” (Editors’ Preface, ix).
Preview the book via Google Books.
On 7 May 2013 the following speakers participated in a book launch for the Reader:
- John Bolt, editor and professor of systematic theology at Calvin Seminary
- James Bratt, editor and professor of history at Calvin College
- James A. De Jong, translator; did his doctoral work on the history of missions at the Free University Amsterdam with Johannes Vande Berg who was J. H. Bavinck’s successor
- Diane Obenchain, professor of religion at Calvin College
View the multimedia recording of this book launch (skip slides 1 and 2 and go directly to 3). The order of speakers on the recording is John Bolt, James Bratt, James De Jong, Diane Obenchain, and John Bolt.