Audio recordings of lectures from the 12–14 October 2011 international Bavinck conference, “After 9/11/11 . . . What? Reformed Theology and the Church’s Global Mission Today,” are now available on our web site.
On 14 October 2011, Jan Peter Balkenende, Prime Minister of the Netherlands (2002–2010), will deliver a lecture at the 2011 Bavinck conference entitled, “Reinventing Responsibility in the 21st Century—New Orientations and the Heritage of Neo-Calvinism.”
- Today’s crucial questions: globalization; economic crisis; climate change; new international power constellations
- The loss of direction; we seem rudderless and without a compass
- Rise of popular movements
- Hopeful signals: values, responsibility, new alliances
- How Kuyper, Bavinck, and Dooyeweerd dealt with “new” issues in their day, and what we can learn from them
- The need for a new ethos of responsibility
Update 23 May 2012
Karen Saupe interviewed former prime minister Balkenende on Inner Compass, an interview show that explores how people follow their conscience about ethical, religious, and social justice issues.
We have added a new page dedicated to the upcoming 12–14 October 2011 international Bavinck conference at Calvin Seminary. The list of speakers and conference schedule have been posted, and further information regarding conference registration, accommodations, etc., will be added as soon as the details are finalized.