Conference: “Another Religion? Neo-Calvinism and Islam”
When: 25–26 August 2016
Where: Istanbul, Turkey
- Prof. George Harinck, Theological University Kampen
- Prof. Kees van der Kooi, VU University Amsterdam
- Prof. Richard J. Mouw, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena
- The Historical Documentation Centre at the Free University Amsterdam
- The New College, University of Edinburgh
- The Theologische Universiteit Kampen
See the conference brochure (PDF 127 KB) for more on the conference theme and instructions for paper propsals.
Professor George Harinck’s eight-part documentary on Abraham Kuyper’s journey into the Mediterranean Islamic world is now available with English subtitles. In this intriguing series, produced by Martin Maat and Hans Hermans, Professor Harinck follows Kuyper’s footsteps through 16 countries around the Mediterranean Sea, examining the roots of present-day religious and socio-political conflict in light of Kuyper’s observations a century ago.
The Bavinck Review 4 (2013) is now publicly available. Download (or send to Kindle) your free copy today!
The Bavinck Review 4 (2013) is now available to Bavinck Society members. Preview the contents and editorial.
This year’s essays include
- an insightful study of the development in Bavinck’s view of non-Christian religions,
- an exchange between two Society members regarding the relation of Herman and J. H. Bavinck to the contemporary insider missiological debate,
- a review of digital Bavinck research tools,
- and another voice in the discussion between Drs. VanDrunen and Klosterman regarding Herman Bavinck’s view of natural law and the two kingdoms.
The translation piece is a handful of letters that Herman Bavinck sent to one of his seminary students who was forced to leave his studies at Kampen due to a terminal illness.
Audio recordings of lectures from the 12–14 October 2011 international Bavinck conference, “After 9/11/11 . . . What? Reformed Theology and the Church’s Global Mission Today,” are now available on our web site.